What You Get With Our Adoption Package
Along with your new furry friend, your adoption package includes:
- All age-appropriate vaccinations – A minimum $200 value
- Spay or Neuter of pet – A minimum $200 value
- Micro-chipping plus one year of registration – $35 Value
- Heartworm test – $30 Value
- Preventive deworming treatment
- Free health exam from one of our Partners in Care veterinarians
- Free access to our Animal Resource Center for 6 months
Our Adoption Fees
Our adoption fees range from $65 to $200. Our adoption fees help to offset the cost of evaluation, housing, feeding and medical care for the many animals that need our help. We do our best to keep our adoption prices reasonable while generating income to help support our animals until we can place them in a loving forever home.
Kittens – $100
Adult Cats – $80
Senior Cats (over 8) – $65
Adult Dogs – $150
Senior Dogs (over 8) – $100
Puppies (under 6 months) – $200
Please Note: A Mesa County License must be purchased when adopting a dog (unless the adopter is from another county). The fee for the license is not included in the adoption fee, but is a requirement for adoption. The fee for a 1-year license is $10 and $25 for a 3-year license. The license you purchase is dependent upon whether or not the dog has a one or three-year rabies vaccination.
$25 SENIOR DISCOUNT for people 55 and over as well as VETERANS
Roice-Hurst Humane Society practices an open, conversation-based adoption policy. RHHS will use the following as guidelines for determining the appropriateness of a home:
1. The match would be suited to the individual animal and family.
2. The pet would be afforded proper veterinary care.
3. The pet’s social, behavioral, and companionship needs would be met.
4. The pet would have a livable environment (including appropriate food, water, shelter, exercise, etc.)
5. The pet would be respected and valued.
1. RHHS requires that:
a. All animals of good health will be spayed or neutered before they are released unless a veterinarian determines the health of the animal is at risk. Juvenile dogs and cats will be altered according to the spay and neuter guidelines provided by the shelter veterinarian
b. If an animal is released to an adopter unaltered due to medical reasons, the adopter will pay a refundable $50.00 spay/neuter deposit ensuring that the animal will be altered.
c. Once RHHS receives proof of spay/neuter, the $50.00 deposit will be credited back to the patron.
2. As a general rule, RHHS adopts animals on a first-come, first-served basis.
3. RHHS will not knowingly:
a. Adopt an animal to a person who has a conviction of animal abuse or neglect.
b. Adopt an animal for the purpose of vivisection, experimentation, cult rites or blood sports.
c. Adopt an animal to be used for any food purposes.
d. Adopt an animal to be used as an attack-trained guard dog.
e. Adopt to an individual who is suspected of being drunk or high at the time of application.
f. Adopt a cat that is declawed to an individual that is intending to let the cat roam freely outdoors, or adopt a cat that the patron will declaw.
4. To promote responsible pet ownership, RHHS will only adopt to a person who is 18 years of age or older and has proper identification.
5. RHHS prohibits the adoption of an animal by a person attempting to adopt a pet for another individual who is unaware of the adoption.
6. RHHS reserves the right to deny an adoption for any reason. RHHS staff will document the reason(s) for denial of an application and file the application in a “Denied” file.