June 6th – 12th is Pet Appreciation Week! While we love our pets year round, this is a great time to do something a little extra special for our feline friends and canine companions. Not quite sure what to do? We have some great ideas to pamper your pooch and coddle your cat!
- Treat Time! You can even make it a fun experience by making your own cookies or crunchies. Putting in a little extra effort lets them know it comes straight from the heart. Watch our Facebook page and website for recipes you can make for your best friend.
- Play Time! New toys are always exciting for our pets. As a bonus, ordering toys from Chewy or Amazon Smile can help benefit shelters! If you want something a little more hands on, be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram for DIY toy ideas.
- Spa Time! Treat your furry friends with a luxury trip to a local grooming salon. Let them enjoy a nice bath, hair-cut, and nail trim. They will be looking and feeling their best. Plus, they will smell great when you cuddle up with them. Looking for grooming suggestions? Check out Dog Dynasty and A Pawsh Pet!
- Exercise Time! Exercising with your pet is a great way to bond with them. Plus it gives them some much needed mental stimulation. Whether you grab the feather wand for your cat or bust out the leash for the dog, you’ll both be having fun in no time. Don’t forget to use the Wooftrax app when out for a walk to support RHHS!
- Chip Time! Make sure your pet is microchipped. Having a microchip greatly increases the odds of being reunited with your beloved pet if they ever go off on a solo adventure. Roice-Hurst offers low-cost microchipping clinics throughout the year too. If your pet isn’t chipped, sign-up for a spot today!
- Check-up Time! Now is the perfect time to make sure your pet is up to date with vaccines and get a wellness check in for the year. Afterall, a healthy pet is a happy pet. Roice-Hurst offers weekly low-cost vaccine clinics. If your pet needs an update, schedule an appointment today!
- Pool Time! Things are heating up! It’s a great time to break out the pool and let your dog splash around. Water days are just as fun for you as they are for your pup. Make sure to take lots of pictures and videos to share with friends and family to put a smile on their faces!
We would love to see how you appreciated your pet during this week, so please share your photos and videos on social media and tag Roice-Hurst – Facebook – @RoiceHurst. Instagram – @roicehursthumanesociety.