Create a lifesaving legacy by remembering Roice-Hurst Humane Society as a beneficiary in your will, trust, life insurance policy, or other final giving plans. Legacy gifts ensure Roice-Hurst’s continued presence in our community for many years to come, and allow you to continue making a difference for pets and people long after your lifetime.
To help you plan your legacy with ease, we’ve partnered with FreeWill, a free online tool that guides you through the process of creating a legally valid will or trust. It’s easy to use and can be completed in 20 minutes. Click here to get started.
If you would like to add Roice-Hurst as a beneficiary of assets outside of your will, such as IRAs, 401(k)s, pensions, life insurance policies, and certain bank and brokerage accounts, click here to get started.
We know how significant it is to decide what your financial legacy will be. As a 60-year-old organization, Roice-Hurst Humane Society is a longstanding and well-established champion for pets and people in western Colorado, and we are honored to be trusted with carrying your legacy.
As you make your end-of-life plans, remember to plan for your pets, as well. Establish a future caregiver (either Roice-Hurst Humane Society or a trusted friend or relative) and ensure that caregiver has all the information and resources they need to continue caring for your pet with the least disruption possible. Learn more about planning for your pets.
For Your Planning Purposes
- Our organization’s legal name is Roice-Hurst Humane Society, Inc.
- We are a 501(c)3 Colorado nonprofit and our federal tax ID number is 84-6048416.
- Our legal address is 362 28 Road, Grand Junction, Colorado, 81501.
- Our phone number is 970-434-7337.
- You have the option to bequest a percentage of your estate or a set dollar amount of your choice.
- We’ve partnered with FreeWill, a free online tool that guides you through the process of creating a legally valid will or trust. Get started!
- Speaking with a trusted professional advisor is recommended. Roice-Hurst Humane Society has partnered with Gregg Kampf at Hoskin, Farina & Kampf PC.
These projects were made possible by generous legacy donors.
Mobile Veterinary Clinic
Our mobile veterinary clinic was purchased in 2019 thanks to a generous legacy gift. This vehicle contains a full surgical suite and makes on-site veterinary care, including spay/neuter surgeries, possible. It also allows our team to deploy services into high-need areas in our community.
5.5-Acre Land Purchase
In 2022, we purchased the 5.5 acres of empty land adjacent to our shelter thanks to a legacy gift. For now, this land is fantastic as extra dog walking and enrichment space. We are in the process of exploring opportunities to use this land to further meet the needs of pets and people in our community.
In 2017, we established our nonprofit endowment fund, an investment in the stock market that establishes an evergreen stream of revenue to supplement our finances in years when donations are down. Funded primarily by legacy gifts, this endowment ensures that Roice-Hurst remains a stable part of our community in perpetuity.